Monday, April 27, 2009

Good Stuff

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me."

That's a pretty powerful verse when you really think about it. God has a plan for our lives. Some people may say that if God says his plans are for "good" and not for "disaster"... then why do bad things happen to good people? Life isn't supposed to be happy happy all the the time. We will all face times of desperate need and God uses those times to grow us. I have grown alot in my life through tough times.

As I think about my future, I know that God will always be with me and will go before me. He's been by my side guiding and directing my life and will continue to do so.

I'll write more in the coming days....

1 comment:

  1. You know I agree whole heartedly with this!! I've been at that point where my faith was in question and wondered why do good things happen to good people. And your right, life isnt supposed to be happy happy. bad and good things happen to you so becuase you learn from them and its a growing experience for all.lessons in life are going to show you in time and sometimes good things fall aprt so better things can fall together.

    Im glad that you have grown a lot in your life and those tough times have made you a better and strong person :). They have me as well.

    When times are hard just remember that our God is a faithful God and that he wouldnt put anyone through anything that He knew we couldnt handle.

    And ps.. I know whatever God had set for your future is going to be great and He has awesome plans already set in motion for you and the people you love. Your destined for greatness hunny bunny :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Make sure you leave your name so I know who you are.