Thursday, May 28, 2009

I just noticed something

Recently, I have been trying have devotional time 2 times a day, once at the beginning of my day and again before I got to bed. As I was working through my devotional last night I literally stumbled across Jeremiah 29:11. Now, we are all familiar with it and it's an awesome reminder to us. Have you ever noticed verse 12?
Jeremiah 29:11 & 12 (NLT)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen.

When I read that teared up because I believe wholeheartedly that when I pray, God hears me. Look at it in the context of verse 11. Sometimes we can't always see God working out his plans for our lives, but isn't it great that when we pray He listens?

1 comment:

  1. Don't you think its amazing that our God is a faithful God and He has amazing plans for all our lives. People just have to believe that.
    God always hears your prayers even in the moments when you cant find the words to even say the most simple prayer. In those silent moments of praying God hears you heart. And we are all truly blessed and grateful He listens and hears us. He comes in mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! Make sure you leave your name so I know who you are.